Sent by Mostafa Nabil on 26 May 2008,
ModelSim/Questa R&D group in Egypt is looking for software development engineers to join the team. The group is working on several functional verification activities.
- Design, improve, implement, and release software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements.
- Interface with other developers as needed to understand and manage interdependencies of project tasks, product and flow integration issues. Participate in reviews and/or inspections of, designs, specifications, and code.
- Participate in project planning and tracking, task investigation, work breakdown, and schedule estimation.
- Write functional and design specifications.
- Work closely with QA to achieve high-quality product.
- B.Sc. in Computer or Electrical Engineering (Minimum grade of Very Good with honors degree).
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++.
- Good knowledge of Hardware Description Languages.
- Knowledge of Tcl/Tk is an asset.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system environments.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Preference would be given to candidates with prior work experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work remotely in an international team environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Mastering English language, both written and spoken.
- Willing to learn.
- Willing to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to travel for short periods.