Sent by Mostafa Nabil on 28 July 2008
CICD R&D has an open position for a Software Development Engineer. The team is working in the research & development of software products that serve the Custom Integrated Circuits Design flow.
The candidate should:
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current tools, languages, and processes as needed to support design, implementation, and release of current and future software.
- Understand and use related Mentor EDA tools in the front end and back end of the IC flow.
- Interface with other developers as needed to understand and manage interdependencies of project tasks and flow integration issues.
- Participate in making requirements analysis and writing functional and design specifications and other project documentation.
- Participate in the design, improvement, implementation, testing and release of software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements.
- Participate in reviews and/or inspections of requirements, specifications, and code.
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electronics Engineering.
- 0-3 years experience
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a must.
- Good Knowledge of Object Oriented programming is required
- Knowledge of software design process and development life cycle is required
- Fair electronics background is required.
- Very Good with honors, or higher grade, is preferred.
- Experience in C/C++ is preferred.
- Experience in using STL is preferred.
- Deep electronics background is preferred.
- Familiarity with Unix and shell scripting is preferred.
- Familiarity with Mentor IC flow tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of Lex & Yacc and compilers generators is a plus.